Monday

A Month Older Already?

Wow. It's been a while. I'm sorry, Blog, you've been neglected. Please don't be mad at me.

Since no one asked me where my blog went, I guess no one missed it. In case you were wondering, however, I'll tell you. It went no where.

The past month has been rather busy. I've been very preoccupied in the yard the past few weeks, trying to get it ready to brave the summer. I didn't do much yard work last year due to my pregnancy, so now I have this year's work AND last year's work to take care of. It's been quite tedious, to say the least.

As most of you already know, I've also gotten into a new... hobby? Sport? I dunno what I would call it:

Yep. Roller skating. I'm talking old school, knee socks, four wheels per foot, roller rink skating. I'm amazed at the excitement and fulfillment that skating brings. When I'm out there in a sea of strangers, sailing around on tiny wheels, everything is okay. Nothing matters except staying upright. The stress, the worry, the doubt, the pressure... it doesn't exist out there. I feel carefree, only wondering how much faster I can go without the rental skate falling apart.


Don't worry, I don't think I'll be skating in rentals forever.


I've been tossing around the idea with Jerry of joining the roller derby. Although I have a long way to go, I think it would be hysterically fun, and I would have some hobby that I actually enjoy doing, rather than something I just happened to be good at.


Back to reality: The job hunt is going slow, as expected. The unemployment hearing is on the 14th. That's about all the news I have on that.


JJ has been sleeping much better lately. I can't remember the last time he woke in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep without eating. It's a big improvement. He's been napping well, too sometimes two to three hours at a time. He's been falling asleep on his own at night for a few weeks and recently started doing so for naps. It's very exciting for me because some of the pressure of his relentless dependence is easing a bit.

As far as the depression... some days are still not good. I'm happy to report that I have more "okay" days compared to bad ones, and a few good ones sprinkled in there somewhere. With time, I can feel the symptoms starting to ease, peeling away like the skin of an onion. For a long time, my focus was on surviving. Now? I think I might be living. Maybe.

Well, Blog, it's been nice visit. I promise I will try not to neglect you as much as I have in the past month. I'll see you real soon...

No comments:

Followers

Search This Blog

Blogging Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones