Wednesday

One of my Personal Favorites

I tripped and fell into Myspace this afternoon, and I realized that this blog was still there. It's one of my favorites...

Putting Your Make-Up On While Driving and Other Things Women Love To Do But Shouldn’t

Category: Fashion, Style, Shopping

Personally, I think its fun to be a woman. We get to have much more fun than any male could possibly know. We think about and see the world in a different way than anyone can ever explain (I know, I've researched.)

However. There are a few things I've witnessed lately that bother me. Some women out there (sit down, this is a shocker) give the rest of us pink-wielding, pedi and polished, studded divas a bad rap. I'm here to set the record straight.

Rant 1: Micro-Minis. If you consider yourself a lady, please don't wear tights with a micro mini that could pass as panties. It looks trashy and no matter how little you are, you look trashy in it. I've seen this a lot, and I know you might love to do it, but we don't. Leave the micro mini to wear over dark skinny jeans and Ugs, please.

Rant 2: Texting. Yes, you know it. Texting EVERYWHERE. In a restaurant. While getting a pedicure. In the elevator on your way down to lunch. In the bathroom. At the movies. My favorite – while driving. Give me a break, girls. Texting constantly is rude and makes you look a little desperate for attention. I understand a few texts here and there, but attached to the Blackberry? Yes, we loved it - last year.

Rant 3: Getting trashed. It's true: we women LOVE having too much wine, forgetting our purses, losing our keys, falling into a cab, and waking up the next morning next to some guy with a stiletto missing. Or, do we? There's a reason why they call it TRASHed, girls. Be a lady: moderate.

Rant 4: Secret keeping. I think there's nothing classier than a lady who can keep a secret. I know it's hard, but when you know something juicy, or something that you don't think other people would enjoy hearing, keep it to yourself. Whoever told you the secret will appreciate it, even if they didn't tell you it was a secret in the first place.

I'm not going to keep ranting on things you shouldn't do, so I'm going to tell you a few things that I think are great about being a woman that you shouldn't stop doing.

Joy 1: Crying whenever you want: I don't know why women love this, but we just do. Just a thought: don't ever hold back, but please cry QUIETLY. When there is a scene in a movie that makes you cry for no reason at all (like the scene in Legally Blonde when Elle helps Paulette get her dog back – gets me every time), let your tears sneak around the corner. Keep a tissue in your purse at all times so you can dab without making your mascara run and your eyes puffy. Sobbing loudly? Keep it in your pocket unless your man is breaking up with you in public.

Joy 2: Putting on Make up while driving: It's your fave. It's mine, too. It's dangerous. It should be right up there with eating spaghetti and texting while driving. Here are a few tips if you just can't get up five minutes earlier to put it on: Exhibit A - The stoplight. If you pull up to a stoplight, put on a little. By the time you get to work, you'll be done. Exhibit B – it's winter and you should let your car warm up a few minutes. While it's warming, put on your face. By the time you're done, car is warm!

Seriously, ladies. The Insurance information Institute estimates that 80% of all crashes are caused by a distraction. Putting on makeup counts. I'd rather have an unpolished face than a bloody one. Be safe about make up application and operating a motor vehicle.

Joy 3: Wearing contrasting shoes. I have this great pair of red patent leather pumps that get widely complimented on, even by some men, every time I wear them. Invest in a pair of red, purple, yellow, or other brightly colored shoes. Only wear them once every two weeks or so, and with whatever you want. Don't match. They're cool enough on their own.

Yes, it's great to be a woman.

No comments:

Followers

Search This Blog

Blogging Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones