Saturday

Derby, Here I Come?

Spring has sprung. That is, until this CRAZY Virginia weather decides that it doesn't like spring anymore, and either turns freezing cold or burning hot. Don't worry, Virginia's seasonal mood swings usually don't last very long, and we should return to the normal season soon.


It only took me 10 years to really figure out Virginia weather.


This morning, I had the unique joy of re-experiencing my youth. I went roller skating with my friends, Jen and Sarah. Roller Skating... you know... when you put those funny shoes with wheels on them and stumble and roll around until you can't feel your feet anymore... I have to admit, it was actually fun. I haven't been on roller skates in about 10 years, maybe longer than that, but it didn't take long for me to figure out what I was doing and get going with about half of the decent skaters out on the rink. The last few laps, I threw caution to the wind and skated as fast as I could. I did 15 laps in about 10 minutes and could hardly breathe when I was finished. Go me. Even more exciting than that, I didn't fall but once, when I accidentally tripped over the ledge of the rink.... which I probably would have done without the skates on.


We're going again on Tuesday, and I'm very excited. I hope I'll at least be able to walk by then.

It's incredible exercise and I felt great after we left the rink. I've been tempted to join the River City Roller Girls... but I'm still seriously contemplating. It certianly would be interesting...

I also would like to note how awesome our family is. When times are tough, like they are for us now, I feel so relieved to know that if we really need help, it's there. We're incredibly fortunate to have such great people in our lives, on both sides, because some people are without a loving, supportive family. Take a moment tonight to thank God for the loving people in your life. I know we will.

It's been a pretty darn good day. I hope tomorrow is just, if not more... better? gooder? Sorry... it's late...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Derby is calling you, girl.
Come skate with me on Tuesday and I'll show you some drills I learned today when I snuck into practice!

Followers

Search This Blog

Blogging Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones