Sunday

A Completely Normal Blog

Other than this nasty cold which has decided to make a comback that would put Cher to shame, I've been in a pretty decent mood for the past couple of days. JJ didn't even cry once today, except for a little fussing near bedtime (that kid was TIRED.)

And that's about it. I'm sitting here thinking about something to write that would be of any interest to anyone, and I can't think of a single thing. I'm boring. And.... normal? I dunno, I should be thinking of something else more interesting than JJ has grown out of EVERY peice of clothing he owned and we did some major shopping for him this weekend. This is where I should throw in that I love Once Upon A Child. They were having a $1 winter clothing sale when we got there. Yup. A dollar. I bought a TON of baby clothes and shoes for peanuts. I was pretty freaking excited about that.

I'm about to go online and order myself a new Vera Bradley, cause I'm deserving. At least, I think so.

The other night, a friend of mine and I spent a good couple of hours telling another friend every detail of pregnancy, childbirth, and after. We left nothing out. It was hysterical. I feel a little guilty about it now, because I don't want my friend to be afraid to have kids on my account. So, Sarah, here you go:

10 things I like most about being a mom:

1. The way JJ smiles at me. He's always truly happy to see me.

2. Watching him grow. It's astonishing how fast it happens.

3. The little sounds he makes when he's eating. It's just funny.

4. Desensitization to poop/puke/snot/gross bodily fluids. It comes naturally and it's quite handy, especially when the baby poops up your arm and pees in your face (both have happened.)

5. Being excited to pick him up in the afternoon. It's the highlight of my day.

6. Baby shoes.
(considering that I was just interrupted by a child who woke up screaming, it may be difficult finishing this list. Don't worry, he's ok. Bad dream, maybe?)

7. The way he smells. I don't know if it's nature that moms can smell which baby is theirs or not, but my kid smells so good. It's sooooo good....

8. This one is totally selfish - He's a great excuse to leave/not attend an event. "The baby is not feeling well," or "it's past the baby's bedtime" are just things people can't argue with.

9. The way he stops crying when I pick him up. He needs me and he knows it.

10. Baby shopping is way more fun than grown up shopping, and I haven't been able to figure out why.

I'm gonna go order my bag. I wonder if it's going to be big enough to fit baby bottles in...

1 comment:

SShmo said...

No worries Kris! No one will ever be able to make me not want to have kids. Its in my blood and I am lucky to have friends who will be there for me every step of the way : )

Followers

Search This Blog

Blogging Tunes


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones